Lead Representative Duties
- Assist the President in filling all Board positions by locating candidates and obtaining votes from entire Board.
- Create “press release” statements after Board Meetings, to be sent to District & Tribal Representatives, with importation IJJA information to be further distributed to District IJJA members.
- Coordinate with the Treasurer to determine scholarship distribution numbers in each District. IJJA awards a total of 80 scholarships, but may change due to funding availability. Follow scholarship guidelines as laid out in the IJJA Scholarships Frequently Asked Questions.
- First scholarship drawing is July 1st. Second scholarship drawing is July 15th. Other drawings are done as scholarships are declined and at the discretion of the board.
- Notify scholarship recipients, by e-mail, and provide a Scholarship Acceptance/Transferee form. Any member drawn for a scholarship can choose to accept, decline, or transfer their scholarship to any paid IJJA member within their District. If declined, the scholarship will be returned to the general drawing. Ensure supervisors have signed the returned scholarship forms.
- Coordinate with District Representatives for follow-up scholarship assistance.
- If scholarships include cost of hotel rooms, create a rooming list of scholarship “roommates” and send it to the President-Elect. Scholarship recipients working within one (1) hour of the conference site will not be eligible for scholarship hotel rooms.